Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ansel Adams


This picture really caught my eye more than any other, mainly because when you see a nature picture it has all these beautiful colors, that is what it is suppose to do. This picture doesn't, I bet if it was in color it would capture the eye really well. Adams did see so though, and I couldn't agree more. This picture seems nostalgic, timeless, Almost as if it was never touched in one hundred years... I think that is really cool and if it was in color I probably would feel totally different about the picture.
The picture also almost seems unpleasant to me, as if it was breaking a sin, some pictures seem really awesome in black and white. I never felt that a nature picture should be black and white, it almost seems wrong to rob the picture of color, and all the natural beauty it has.
I have mixed feelings about the picture, but i suppose that in the end the picture makes me think, and that is the number one thing I want in art, I want to say, "hmm why did he/she do that?" So in the end I think that this picture is very beautiful and unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment